Saturday 19 September 2015

NYX soft matte lip cream in Amsterdam review

Hey everyone 

This is my first post on the blog which is about this soft matte lip cream by NYX in the shade Amsterdam. This range of lip creams are very famous in NYX cosmetics. So, let's get started with the review.

PACKAGING: It comes in a small plastic bottle which displays the colour/shade of the lip cream. The lower part of the bottle is coloured one and the upper part i.e. the cap is in the matte black colour. The applicator is just like a normal lip gloss's one.

                                                                






PRICE: AU$12.95 for 8ml
              INR 750/- (approx.)
              

AVAILABILITY: These NYX soft matte lip creams are easily available in Australia (Target) and India (Sephora).


MY EXPERIENCE WITH NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM IN AMSTERDAM:
I am a huge fan of matte lipsticks. When I was in Australia on my visitor visa, I came across NYX brand. The first thing I bought from NYX was this soft matte lip cream only in the shade Amsterdam. It's a beautiful orangish red colour. Prior to be introduced to this lip cream, I was not a person who liked to wear red lip shade on frequent basis. I was really shy to carry a red lipstick in day time. But when I bought this lip cream, I started applying this shade even while going for shopping. This shade makes my teeth look whiter. These lip creams, as the name suggests, are matte in nature. When I first applied it on the lips, it was creamy in texture which made it easier for me to apply it on my lips. But after a few seconds, it turned into total matte finish. The only problem I face with this lip cream is that it makes the lips very dry as it is matte. So, I always moisturise my lips well before applying this matte lip cream. 


Natural Light

Artificial Yellow Light

Artificial White Light



PROS OF:
* Beautiful orangish red colour 
* Very pigmented
* Cute packaging
* Not very expensive
* Does not transfer a lot
* Feels light on lips
* Nice mild fragrance
* Easily available in stores as well as on-line
* 4-5 hours of staying power
* Easy to carry


CONS:
* Makes lips dry 
* Lips need to be exfoliated and well moisturised before using this lip cream
* Not apt for people with dry and chapped lips
* Needs to be reapplied after 4-5 hours as it starts to fade away a little
* Settles into lines after some time



OVERALL VIEW: Overall, it's a nice product and the shade Amsterdam is very beautiful for all the skin tones. I think, we face the problem of dryness on lips with all the matte lipsticks and lip glosses which we can correct by exfoliating our lips and moisturising them before using matte lip products.



RATING: 4/5  







4 comments:

  1. The amazing things i liked about this product is its consistency,the perfect orangish colour nd the nature of the product which is matte nd glossy .As usualy i become choosy to apply matte shade or not as lip lines are visible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's easy to apply and a very bright shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried the brand before but now I'm tempted to buy the shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give it a try and do let me know 😘

    ReplyDelete