Wednesday 16 March 2016

All About Color Correctors To Hide The Dark Spots On Your Skin

Hello Ladies

Prior to be introduced to Correctors, I used to think that concealers are there to hide the dark spots on our skin. But I was never happy with the results as the concealer never helped me out in hiding my dark circles. I always wondered how do make-up artists do that magic of providing flawless look. I used to watch youtube videos a lot  (I still do) to learn make-up. From there, i came to know about correctors. So today, on a special request by a dear friend of mine, I am going to tell you all, about the correctors and also, how I conceal my dark circles.


DIFFERENT COLORS OF CORRECTORS
There are different colors of correctors to use according to the color of the spots. For example, if you have dark circles which are dark blue in color, then you have to use an orange colored corrector on that particular area. If you have red colored spots on your skin, you have to use green colored corrector over it. See the image below to understand the concept. 


In this image, see the opposite color of the color of your dark circles or dark spots. If you have blue-violet colored spots, you have to apply yellow-orange (opposite to it) colored corrector over those spots to hide them. If you have red-orange spots, then go for the opposite color in this wheel, which is blue-green. So, this is how the correctors work.

PURPOSE OF THE CORRECTORS
Whenever I used to apply concealer over my dark circles, after some time that area used to turn greyish/ashy in color. The purpose of the corrector is to cancel out the shadows that the dark spots make on our skin and hides the marks very efficiently. Concealers help in brightening the face. Click here to see where I use concealer on my face.


WHEN AND HOW TO USE A CORRECTOR
First, moisturize and prime your face. Now is the time to apply the corrector. Corrector should be applied on the particular areas where you have dark spots. You can either use a blending brush to apply it or even your ring finger can do the trick. Apply in the patting motion and do not rub it. After that, apply foundation all over your face (this step is optional) and remember not to rub the areas where you have applied the corrector. Try to blend your foundation with a damp sponge. Next, you can use the concealer to highlight and brighten up the skin. Set your under eye area with a pressed powder with the help of the cushion that comes with it. Do this step gently without rubbing that area.


CORRECTORS FOR INDIAN/BROWN SKIN TONED BEAUTIES
The most common correctors for the Indian/brown skinned people are peach colored and orange one. It depends on how dark or light your spots are. The darker your under eye area/spots are, the more intense orange color you need. The lighter your under eye area/spots are, the more you go for peachy color. You just have to keep on increasing or decreasing the color intensity of the corrector till you get your perfect color.
If you are not sure about the color, take the help of the makeup artists at the makeup counters.



HOW I COVER MY DARK CIRCLES
I am NC30 in MAC. I also have dark circles. The corrector that I use is MAC Studio Finish Concealer in the shade NW35. It is orangy-peach in color.



 I moisturize my face very well, specially the under eye area, and apply the corrector on my dark circles. 


Then, I apply my liquid concealer under my eyes in a v- shape to hide that peach color.


With the help of a damp beauty sponge, I blend the concealer gently by just dabbing it under the eyes and not rubbing it.



 Then, I use a pressed powder to set those areas with the help of sponge/cushion that comes with it. 


So, you can easily tell the difference between the first picture and the last.

Sometimes, I add the foundation step before using concealer but I have seen that the less products you use under your eyes, lesser is the chance of creasing in that area. But you can add or subtract that step according to your need.

ORANGE LIPSTICK/CREAM EYE SHADOW AS A CORRECTOR - A BIG NO
The skin under your eyes is very delicate and thinner than the rest of your face's skin. So, there are special products for that area. You cannot use just any product there. So please buy a corrector according to the need of your skin. 

CORRECTORS IN INDIA
You can find the correctors from the following brands in India - 
1. Krylon
2. Clinique
3. Make-up Forever
4. MAC
5. Bobbi Brown
6. BH Cosmetics
7. Makeup Revolution
8. LA Pro Girl

There are many more brands you can find online. 


I really hope this post helps you beauties in solving the dark spots problem. I know the feeling of having dark circles and that's why I yried to help you ladies out. Do tell me your views on this post. Which is your favorite corrector/concealer? See you guys in my next post.

With Love
Akanksha


26 comments:

  1. Loved this!! It was so helpful & detailed ��❤️��Love your blog���� Never thought to use NW shades as a corrector. Right now I switch between Armani's peach corrector & MUFE's corrector. I think I'll try an NW shade in Mac next! Awesome post ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetheart :). I am glad that my posts help you out. xoxo

      Delete
  2. wow anky ! you always give the great tips. Thank you so much. I was fond of corrector but never used. But now i will gonna try :)

    http://itsafashionista.blogspot.in/2016/03/twist-shout-fadeproof-kajal-sugar.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correctors are must if you have dark spots. Thanks dear :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thanks Akanksha.....great tips...for someone who likes one or two products to do what 10 products can do...makes sense....
    Mac seems to have good correctors

    http://www.mumbaitomelbourne.com/fashion-and-beauty-blog-posts/debo-chic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And that will ultimately crease the area. The less the best :p. Thanks Sharvari xoxo

      Delete
  4. Great post Akanksha :) Very informative for everyone :)

    http://perkymegs.com/2016/03/5-minutes-easy-eyebrow-tutorial-v/

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the info
    I use bobbi brown brightner
    http://www.zoonisview.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it :). I have heard a lot about the bobbi brown one. Will try it some day :). Thanks Zooni

      Delete
  6. thanks for the info
    I use bobbi brown brightner
    http://www.zoonisview.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great info girl. Love your post. I use them too when I have sleepless nights.

    http://www.knowingmystyle.com/collaboration/cocomelody-low-back-or-backless-wedding-dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. A detailed post ! This is fantastic :)

    http://www.deckedupbeauties.com/2016/03/top-4-box-stylish-salwar-suit-trends/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice tutorial Akansha. I always confused with the color corrector now I can use them according to my need. Thanks for sharing :)
    http://notsohardtobepretty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be more than happy if it will help you out. Thanks Shwetali :)

      Delete
  10. Very informative post on correctors! I want to try out Kryolan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Mariyan :). Even I have heard good things about it. Do let me know if you get it

      Delete
  11. Fantastic post, bookmarking this. The day I used orange color underneath my concealer I felt like an genius and idiot at the same time =))

    Recently Posted: Chambor Liquid Lipstick Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....I can understand. I never apply corrector in front of my hubby :D as he might get scared u know :p. Thanks a lot Swathi for the love :)

      Delete
  12. err i have made the orange lipstick mistake and yup i so wanna try kryolan :)

    www.soumyamidhun.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha....even I have made that mistake but now I use correctors only :). I have ordered LA Pro girl orange corrector. Let's see how it goes ;)

      Delete
  13. First of all thanks Akanksha

    your beauty profile looks interesting.

    Regards
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Much appreciated Akanksha.....great tips...for somebody who likes maybe a couple items to do what 10 items can do...makes sense

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is pretty Good. I try that product and review It.
    Packers and Movers In Noida
    Packers and Movers In Ghaziabad

    ReplyDelete